A Brooch Bouquet tutorial, and a new video from Alex Boyé

Happy Friday! To finish the week, I’m sharing two videos today. The first was planned, and it’s all about making a Brooch Bouquet. Do you know of a bride who made her own Brooch Bouquet? DIY Brooch Bouquets are a beautiful and sentimental alternative to traditional bridal bouquets. The second video I just saw this morning, and had to share. Plus, I have a Mother’s Day update on the robins nesting on my front porch.

So pretty -- a Brooch Bouquet. And it will last forever. CraftsnCoffee.com.

A Brooch Bouquet is a beautiful and sentimental alternative to a traditional bridal bouquet.

One of the first projects I ever featured on Crafts ‘n Coffee was how to make a Brooch Bouquet. Since then, I’ve found a very helpful video tutorial that shows how to make a Brooch Bouquet. If you or someone you know is thinking about carrying a Brooch Bouquet down the aisle, be sure to check out the 1928 Jewelry blog for photos and the video tutorial. (For another way to use your vintage brooches, don’t miss this tutorial for a Vintage Brooch Wreath.)

DIY Vintage Brooch Wreath

A bright, Vintage Brooch Wreath.

And now for the surprise video. When I attended the SNAP Conference, I mentioned that musician Alex Boyé performed for the group. Right after SNAP, Alex invited the SNAP bloggers to take part in a new video. This was a fast-track project, taped last Thursday in Utah and live today on YouTube. It was so much fun to see some of the bloggers I just met participating in the video. Plus, it was filmed in the beautiful Thanksgiving Point Gardens, which I had visited during the 2013 SNAP Conference. The song is “Roar” by Katy Perry, and I hope you’ll take a few moments to watch it.

Home sweet home! CraftsnCoffee.com.

Home, sweet home: There’s a robin nesting on my winter wreath!

As Mother’s Day is Sunday, it seems appropriate to share an update on the robins nesting on my front porch. Remember this photo from a few weeks ago? Well, the babies have hatched! I snapped the photos below earlier this week, and the babies already look so much bigger today.

The babies hatched! Robins nesting on a front porch wreath. CraftsnCoffee.com.

We’ve counted four little babies in the nest.

I wish you and your families a very happy Mother’s Day! Do you have any plans for the weekend?

Happy crafting.

This entry was posted in Bridal Showers, Gift Ideas, Road Trip Recap, Video Tutorial, Weddings and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to A Brooch Bouquet tutorial, and a new video from Alex Boyé

1. Birgit says:

Oh Sharon! The video is just cool — thanks for sharing the link. :)

I really love “your” birds, too. It’s amazing that the nest is on top of your winter wreath — quite a compliment, isn’t it? :)

Happy creating,
    Birgit

I thought the brooch bouquets were beautiful, and the video nails it. Thanks for stopping in and taking peek! We had so much fun with our little brood of baby birds, and now I think they’ve flown away. We’re empty nesters! I guess that means I shall have to take down the winter wreath and clean it up . . . Happy crafting, Birgit. Sharon

2. Sara Tanner says:

Nice bouquet and the hatch lings are awesome. From start to finish what a cool thing to be able to witness. chirp , chirp, chirp. :)

We’ve had to much fun watching the little ones — from a distance. They’re not yet starting to fly, but I imagine it will happen very soon. Sharon

3. studiorose says:

There’s a mockingbird that keeps trying to build a nest on the arm of our lantern-shaped front porch light. My husband finally put a plastic bag stuffed full of plastic bags on the fixture to discourage her. She couldn’t pick a worse place, as it’s about a foot from our front door! I love your robin family; it’s so sweet!

I hope your mockingbird finds a more hospitable location to call “home, sweet home”. Fortunately, we don’t use our front door much, so the robin family isn’t disturbed too often. It’s been fun watching the brood. Thanks for stopping in. Sharon

4. Angie Dyer says:

What bride could not wishes for a more beautiful bouquet for her wedding day! Adding special jewelry items from her mother and grandmother, along with additions from her future mother-in-love! Searching for additions would be half the fun. I do not think the bride would want to throw this bouquet at the reception. Perhaps a smaller one could be created for that time. Happy Mother’s Day to all!

Angie

What a beautiful way to create a multi-generational heirloom! Your bouquet would be cherished forever. And you’re right, don’t throw this one at the reception, ouch! Thanks! Sharon

5. Debbie Kaste says:

I just got a great idea….wouldn’t it be fun to have a bridal shower and ask the guests to bring a brooch to add to a bouquet for the future bride to create a memory? It certainly would be a conversation piece and a fun memento!

6. Lynn Jackson says:

I have always wanted to make one of those. What a beautiful job.

Happy Mother’s Day!
    I hope you have a very nice weekend.

WOW! Those are amazing. I hope to have a while before my girls get married. I will put those in a file for when they do get hitched. :) No plans just hoping to make some fun crafts.
    Happy Mother’s Day to you too!

One for the files! I think it could be as much fun hunting for the brooches at flea markets and such as it would be to make the bouquet. I hope you find some craft time this weekend, and Happy Mother’s Day to you, Lisa. Sharon