I think this DIY Button Egg is one of my favorites in this year’s Easter Eggstravaganza. I love the bright button “polka dots” and the punches of color from the pearl head pins. Making a button egg is pretty straightforward, and a perfect TV craft. It’s a fun Easter craft for kids. Kids will love digging through your stash of old, mismatched buttons to find the perfect buttons to make their own Button Eggs.
To make a Button Egg, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 4” egg
- Off-white in assorted sizes, about 150- 200
- Assorted colors, about 15 – 20
- Pearl head pins, about 200
- Silver beads, 10 – 12
To make a Button Egg:
1. Pin buttons onto the egg with pearl head pins. Overlap the buttons to hide bare spots.
2. Once the egg is covered, pin on colorful buttons for pops of color. Occasionally thread a silver bead onto the pin before pinning on buttons.
I have a growing stash of old, leftover buttons, do you?
(Are you following this week’s Easter Eggstravaganza? And have you entered to win the Most Eggscellent Prize Package?)
Happy Easter Egg Crafting.