A few springtime, floral crafts to help you warm up

Originally, I had planned a Snowman Craft for today but it’s just too cold! I cannot bring myself to write a blog post about snow today. Instead, I’m sharing a little sunshine and springtime with a sweet, flower centerpiece. This Pink Posy Purse can be wrapped in an endless variety of pretty papers, and then topped in your choice of flowers. Designer Diane Flowers chose pink gerbera daisies and a pretty crystal handle. It’s easy enough to make multiples for a ladies’ luncheon, bridal shower, or make just one for a Mother’s Day gift. I’m sharing a link to seven more springtime flower crafts, too.

Cute DIY centerpiece for a luncheon or bridal shower. Mother's Day gift idea, too. Easy enough to make multiples. CraftsnCoffee.com

Pink Posy Purse by Diane Flowers.

To make a Pink Posy Purse, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 8″ x 4″ x 2″ block
  • Decorative paper, 12″ x 12″ sheet
  • Silk gerbera daisies, eight, in color of your choice
  • Beaded garland with leaves, in coordinating color
  • Paper glue
  • Low-temp glue gun
  • Tools needed: Scissors; pencil; ruler; floral shears

To make a Pink Posy Purse:

1. Trace sides and bottom of foam block onto back of decorative paper; cut out. Use paper glue to adhere paper to foam; let dry.

2. Cut a 24″ length from the garland and bend it into a handle shape. Use floral pins to secure handle ends to narrow sides of block near top edge. Dot ends with hot glue for added strength; adjust leaves to cover pins and exposed glue.

3. Trim daisy stems to 2″ long. Glue and insert stems into the top of the foam block.

I wish I could give each and every Crafts ‘n Coffee readers a springtime bouquet, but this will have to do. If you need more thoughts of spring, the photo below links to an earlier round up showcasing seven more easy, springtime centerpiece designs. Enjoy!

DIY easy spring flower arrangements. It's so cold out -- I need to "think spring"! CraftsnCoffee.com

It was -10 here last night, and here’s how our little buddy kept warm. How’s the weather where you are? Are you staying warm today?

Keeping warm when it's subzero outside. Craftsncoffee.com

Here’s one way to keep cozy & warm!

Happy crafting, stay warm, and think spring!

This entry was posted in Bridal Showers, Craft Tutorial, Flower Designs, Gift Ideas, Home Decor, Paper Crafts, Spring Crafts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to A few springtime, floral crafts to help you warm up

1. ColleenB. says:

Oh, how pretty. I love gerbera daisies and what a fun spring project to be working on.
    Been having freezing temperatures but going to start to warm up; possibly up in the 60′s for a high today and slight chance of rain off and on throughout the week. That’s Texas for ya; freezing one day and having nice, beautiful weather the next.
    (looks like your dog found a nice warm place to lay) :}
    Enjoy your day

That sounds lovely, Colleen, and I hope you get out and enjoy it. When do your bluebells start blooming? We’re starting to warm up here — it’s 7 degrees above zero now and the kids are going back to school. It’s all in a winter’s day. Sharon

• ColleenB. says:

My mistake; only in the 40′s today with light rain which makes it damp and a bit chilly but in the 60′s for later in the week and into the weekend. :}
        As for the bluebells, bluebonnets(the bluebonnets-Texas state flower) and other wildflowers, they won’t start blooming till Spring gets here and then the roadways have a nice pretty blanket of wild flowers growing.

It sounds like you’re in for a nice weekend. I’d love to see the blue bonnets in bloom one day. They look so pretty in the pictures. Enjoy! Sharon

2. crafty_grandma says:

Just when the -26 degree weather has kept indoors for the past 10 days, I see pretty flowers!!! What a great idea! makes it seem that spring is so much closer! Thanks for the ideas and keep warm!!! :)

Thank you for stopping in today. I hope your weather is warming up and you’re able to get out and stretch in the next day or two! Here’s to spring! Sharon

Spring ideas are so fun. 19* here when I walked the kids to the bus stop. I don’t think it will warm much above 24*. BRRRRRR I am working on a gingerbread man my nephew sent that needs to be dressed for warmer weather. :)

What a cute story — how does one dress a gingerbread man for warm weather? Is he going on a trip? And, lucky nephew to have an Aunt Lisa. Stay warm! Sharon

4. Birgit says:

Here in Germany, we even had the spring-like temperatures today. Hah! Stay safe and warm and cozy!!!

And you enjoy the warm weather for me! At least we’re now above zero at 2 degrees, so I know the worst is over. Happy crafting, Birgit. Sharon