Originally, I had planned a Snowman Craft for today but it’s just too cold! I cannot bring myself to write a blog post about snow today. Instead, I’m sharing a little sunshine and springtime with a sweet, flower centerpiece. This Pink Posy Purse can be wrapped in an endless variety of pretty papers, and then topped in your choice of flowers. Designer Diane Flowers chose pink gerbera daisies and a pretty crystal handle. It’s easy enough to make multiples for a ladies’ luncheon, bridal shower, or make just one for a Mother’s Day gift. I’m sharing a link to seven more springtime flower crafts, too.
To make a Pink Posy Purse, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 8″ x 4″ x 2″ block
- Decorative paper, 12″ x 12″ sheet
- Silk gerbera daisies, eight, in color of your choice
- Beaded garland with leaves, in coordinating color
- Paper glue
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; pencil; ruler; floral shears
To make a Pink Posy Purse:
1. Trace sides and bottom of foam block onto back of decorative paper; cut out. Use paper glue to adhere paper to foam; let dry.
2. Cut a 24″ length from the garland and bend it into a handle shape. Use floral pins to secure handle ends to narrow sides of block near top edge. Dot ends with hot glue for added strength; adjust leaves to cover pins and exposed glue.
3. Trim daisy stems to 2″ long. Glue and insert stems into the top of the foam block.
I wish I could give each and every Crafts ‘n Coffee readers a springtime bouquet, but this will have to do. If you need more thoughts of spring, the photo below links to an earlier round up showcasing seven more easy, springtime centerpiece designs. Enjoy!
It was -10 here last night, and here’s how our little buddy kept warm. How’s the weather where you are? Are you staying warm today?
Happy crafting, stay warm, and think spring!