I have the sweetest ghost craft for kids today. Take a look at his face – he looks more scared of us than we are of him, yes? You’ll need a white stretch glove to make the Glove Ghostie. When I featured the Handful of Pumpkins made from gloves, I had several questions about where to find the gloves. I’ve found them at Jo-Ann Stores, Target, WalMart, and various dollar stores. I also have one more Halloween giveaway today, so read on.
To make a Glove Ghostie, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3″ & 1-1/2″ balls
- White stretch glove
- White thread
- Fiberfil stuffing – just a handful
- Foamie sheet in white
- Half-round beads, 5mm in black
- Black fabric, tiny scrap
- Thick, white craft glue OR low-temp glue gun*
- Tools needed: Scissors; toothpick; sewing needle; fine line marker in black
To make a Glove Ghostie:
1. Twist together the two balls of STYROFOAM Brand Foam so that they fit together snugly. Place glue on ends of toothpick and insert into one flat end of a ball. Spread a little more glue on the ball and glue the two balls together. Let glue dry.
2. Turn the glove inside out. Where the fingers meet the hand portion of the glove, sew the first (pointer) and fourth fingers together. Cut off the first and fourth finger, 1/8” from the seam line.
3. Fill the thumb and pinkie fingers with a small amount of stuffing.
4. Insert the ghost body into the glove, and pull the glove down until the cuff of the glove is below the bottom of the body and the head is smooth.
5. Cut a 2” circle from the foamie sheet. Glue the edge of the glove cuff to the foamie circle.
6. Cut little hands from the foamie sheet, and glue to the ends of the thumb and pinkie.
7. Glue on half round beads for eyes. Draw on eye brows with a marker.
8. Cut out a tiny oval from black fabric and glue on for a mouth.
This is such a fun time of the year to craft, and you can never have too many craft ideas. So, I’m sharing my magazine stash with you today. I have two magazine collections to give away. Each collection includes:
- Better Homes & Gardens Halloween Tricks & Treats
- Better Homes & Gardens Holiday Crafts
- Celebrate! With Woman’s World
- Stitch Craft Create Gifts
If you’d like to win one of these magazine collections, tell me about a Halloween tradition at your house. To be sure you get these magazines before Halloween, I have a tight time frame for this giveaway. Please leave your answer by Monday, October 14, midnight, and I’ll announce the two winners on Tuesday, October 15.