What’s not to like about this DIY Halloween Wreath – it’s fast, it’s fun and a lot of the materials are from a dollar store. I used one of my go-to supplies on this wreath – a craft bandana. When you just need a little fabric, craft bandanas are a great way to go, and they’re inexpensive, too. The stuffed raven, wiggle eyes and silk flowers are from the dollar store. If you’ve been too busy for Halloween crafts this year, I hope you can squeeze this Tie-Dye, Wiggle Eye Halloween Wreath into your schedule.
To make a Tie-Dye Wiggle Eye Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 2” wreath
- Orange, tie-dye print craft bandana (or, ¼ yd. fabric)
- Three silk gerbera daisies, two black and one orange & yellow
- Wiggle eyes, four 1” and two ½”
- Stuffed raven
- Spider webbing
- Low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; iron; rotary cutter & cutting matt (optional); straight pins; wire knippers
To make a Tie-Dye Wiggle Eye Wreath:
1. Press bandana, removing wrinkles. With scissors or rotary cutter, cut hemmed edge off all four sides. Cut bandana into 1-1/4” wide strips. You will need approximately 12 strips (the final number may vary depending on high tightly you wrap the wreath).
2. Pin ends of one fabric strip onto the back of the wreath, and wrap the strip around the wreath; pin other end of strip to the back of the wreath. Repeat, pinning and wrapping fabric strips around the wreath, until wreath is covered.
3. Cut stems from gerbera daisies. Glue daisies to the front of the wreath between 3:00 and 6:00 positions.
4. Carefully remove legs from raven. Glue raven to the top of wreath around the 11:00 position.
5. Glue two, 1” wiggle eyes between 10:00 and 11:00 on the front of the wreath.
6. Glue 1” wiggle eyes to the centers of the black gerbera daisies and two, ½” wiggle eyes to the orange & yellow gerbera daisy.
7. Carefully spread apart a small portion of spider webbing and stretch across the back of the wreath. Pin and glue in place.
8. Tie another strip of bandana through the top of the wreath for a hanger.
Today is the day I announce the winner of our Deco Mesh giveaway, too. It seems that quite a few Crafts ‘n Coffee readers love the Halloween Deco Mesh Ghost, and FloraCraft has agreed to give away TWO prize packages! Thank you, FloraCraft. Today’s winners are Geri Johnson and Lisa M6. Please contact me ladies so I can arrange to ship your prize packages.
If you didn’t win today, stay tuned. I have one more Halloween giveaway to announce this week.
What’s hanging on your front door? Do you have your Halloween wreath on display?