Today is the first day of the school year, and no matter how rushed and crazy the morning is, I always squeeze in a photo or two. It’s certainly a nostalgic time. Today’s DIY Photo Memory Cube is all about capturing those memories. The Christmas Memories Photo Cube would make a beautiful gift any time of the year, and especially at Christmas. Be sure to check out the second DIY Photo Memories Cube, too, so you can see how easy it is to change it up for other occasions.
To make a Christmas Memories Photo Cube, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 5” cube
- Scrapbook papers in a heavier weight, two 12” x 12” sheets, plus scraps
- Embellishments: Christmas stickers, brads, metal words, tags, ribbon, etc.
- Paper glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins; bone folder (optional)
To make a Christmas Memories Photo Cube:
1. Overlap the two sheets of scrapbook paper 1” and glue together. Cut two, 5” strips from the length of paper. Wrap the strips around the cube in opposite directions, creasing at corners. Remove paper and firmly crease each corner. Optional: Crease each corner with a bone folder.
2. Glue strips around cube, spreading glue all the way to paper edges to prevent curling. If paper starts to curl up, pin in place till glue dries.
3. Cut 1” paper strips from coordinating scrapbook paper. Wrap strips around the cube like ribbons on a present and glue in place.
4. Mat photos on scraps of card stock or other paper. Adhere one photo to each side of the cube.
5. Embellish cubes with stickers, brands, metal words, tags, ribbons, etc.
And there you have it. Keep this one in mind for the kiddos, too. It’s a great handmade gift idea for scout troops, or a DIY gift students can make for a teacher or a BFF.
I know you’ll love tomorrow’s Christmas craft, and here’s a sneak peek. See you tomorrow!