Happy Friday! This morning, I posted a snippet of today’s gorgeous, fall yarn wreath on Facebook, and asked for suggestions for naming it. Thank you to Diane who suggested “Autumn Welcome.” Perfect! To make today’s ‘Autumn Welcome’ Yarn Wreath, use a thick, chunky yarn and you’ll have it wrapped up in no time. And those fabric acorns? Adorable! I may make a few to display on their own.
To make an ‘Autumn Welcome’ Yarn Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” wreath
- Chunky, variegated yarn in fall colors
- Felt in tan and rust
- Ultra suede or wool, 2” square for each acorn
- Acorn caps
- Thin floral wire
- Acorn caps
- Fiberfill, small handful
- Thick, white craft glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; craft pins; needle & thread
To make an ‘Autumn Welcome’ Yarn Wreath:
1. Pin one end of the yarn to the back of the wreath, and wrap the yarn around the wreath. As you wrap, make sure the yarn covers the wreath and you don’t have bare spots. When wreath is covered, pin the other end to the back of the wreath. Add a dab of glue for additional hold. Hint: You may find this easier if you wrap your skein of yarn into a ball before you start.
2. Using the oak leaf pattern, cut two oak leaves from the tan felt and two from the rust felt.
3. Cut four, 2-1/2” lengths of floral wire. Glue a length of wire to the back of each leaf. Let dry thoroughly.
4. Make the acorns:
- Cut a 2” circle from acorn fabric.
- Stitch a running stitch around the edge of the circle.
- Place a small piece of fiberfill in the center of the circle, and pull the thread to gather.
- Knot the thread to secure.
- Glue the fabric nut into the acorn cap.
- Repeat, till you’ve made all of the acorns. We used four.
5. Cut two, 1” strips of felt, and cut the ends on a diagonal. Pin and glue to the bottom center of the wreath.
6. Carefully bend the leaf wires to shape the leaves. Glue and pin the leaves over top of the top of the ribbons. Refer to photo for the placement.
7. Glue acorns to the centers of the leaves.
8. Glue and pin a loop of felt to the top back center for a hanger.
Did you miss the announcement about this week’s giveaway? It’s such a fun prize package, I don’t want you to miss out on your chance to win these goodies.
Do you have weekend craft plans? I know I do. I have a couple of Halloween projects I’d like to create to share with you in the weeks ahead. What are your weekend crafting plans?