My love of crafting with Marshmallow Peeps is well documented here on Crafts ‘n Coffee. It all started with my Easter Peeps Topiaries, followed by the tutorial to make Halloween Marshmallow Peeps Trees. Last year, my daughter got in on the Peeps love when she and a few friends made Christmas Peeps crafts. So, when Peeps and Company® contacted me and asked if they could provide a special giveaway for Crafts ‘n Coffee readers, you know I said “yes!” And when my daughter saw what was in the giveaway, she immediately
commandeered volunteered to take over . . . so, today I have a very special guest post, Peeps craft, and giveaway for you.
Hello everyone! This is the first ever post of its kind here on Crafts ‘n Coffee! A post … not written by my mom! It was bound to happen sometime, why not now? So, as my mom said, when I saw the prize package, I was all over this one. I’ll talk about the prize package some more at the end, with all the details. But now, today’s craft, the Peeps Wreath — it was fun. A fun idea and a great project? That’s what we have here. This Peeps Summer Beach Party Wreath is fun, kid-friendly and easy! I loved making this, and hope that you will, too.
To make a Peeps Summer Beach Party Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand foam: 12” wreath
- Acrylic craft paint (we used Apple Barrel® from Plaid) in Beachcomber Beige and Caribbean Blue
- Glitter in gold and blue
- Marshmallow Peeps®: Lemonade and Bubblegum
- Swedish fish
- Gummy rings
- Seashells (optional)
- Low-temp glue gun or thick, white craft glue*
- Tools needed: Stiff bristle paintbrushes; two disposable plates
*NOTE: If younger kids are making this wreath, be sure they use a thick white craft glue instead of a glue gun.
To make a Peeps Summer Beach Wreath:
1. Squeeze a small amount of beige paint on a disposable plate. Paint a section of the wreath beige for the beach. Make sure to get the sides too. Then, squeeze the blue paint on a plate and paint the rest of the wreath blue. You could use a lighter coat in some areas to look like light on the water.
2. While the paint is still wet, sprinkle a bit of the gold glitter on the sand, and the blue on the water. Wait for the wreath to dry, about one hour.
3. Decorate your wreath:
- I used Swedish fish on the inside of the wreath, so they look like they’re swimming in the ocean.
- To make a Peep swimming in a gummy ring, take a Peep and, this a barbaric thing to do, but chop off the head. Then, glue the head onto the ring. You now have a floating Peep!
- I made some water wings (ha ha ha) by cutting a ring in half and gluing the ends together.
- Decorate the wreath with floating and regular Peeps.
- Add a few seashells on the beach (optional).
- Just have fun and be creative!
So, about the prize package from Peeps and Company that I mentioned before. It is amazing!! First, there are the PEEPS. I volunteered to try them, so no one else would have to eat any (I’m a good person that way!). My verdict, the Lemonade PEEPS are sweet, but lemony. The Bubblegum PEEPS actually taste like bubble gum! Now for the rest . . . There is a giant PEEPS eraser, which is awesome! I actually want to eat it…. But, it wouldn’t taste that great. There are PEEPS PANTS (note from Mom – youth sizes, only)! They are pretty cool, but the star of the package is…. A PEEPS PILLOW!! It has the same design as the pants. It is SOO soft and squishy… I wuv it! It’s a pretty cool prize package! Where else can you get all of these awesome items? My mom will fill you in on how to enter to win these insanely fun goodies. I’m really glad I got to do this post. ¡Adiós!
A quick recap of this prize package packed with Peeps Pop Art gear:
- PEEPS® Art Microbead Pillow
- PEEPS® ART Jersey Youth Pants
- PEEPS® Giant Eraser
- Sweet Lemonade Marshmallow PEEPS® Chicks
- Bubblegum Flavored PEEPS® Chicks
If you’d like to enter, shout out who would enjoy these goodies the most. You? Your daughter, nephew, neighbor, or?? Let me know below by midnight on Monday, August 19, and I’ll announce the lucky winner on Tuesday, August 20.
And, if you really love the new Peeps Pop Art Gear, Peeps and Company is offering Crafts ‘n Coffee readers a 20% off discount on purchases, no minimum purchase required. Just user code CNC2013 when you order.
Disclaimer: Peeps and Company provided the PEEPS candies for today’s craft project, and is also providing the Peeps Pop Art Gear for the giveaway.
Thanks for stopping in today!