DIY wall art for small space, big impact decorating

Pull up a chair (preferably a red one), and take a peek at the BIG impact a little DIY wall art can have. If you have a dark corner, an empty hallway, or an unused and overlooked nook, dressing up the small space with colorful wall art you made yourself can be transformational.  You don’t need a lot of cash or time to get this look. I made the DIY wall art we show here in minutes with scrapbook papers and fabric. (And please weigh in on the question I ask below.)

DIY Wall Art made with scrapbook papers. Wowza!

Hipster Wall Art

A red chair makes a statement, doesn’t it? Pair it with paper and you get the super-charged nook you see above. Three sheets of high-impact scrapbook paper on a 12” x 36” x 1” sheet of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam create a contemporary corner that commands attention. No more dark and overlooked spaces here.

Instant wall art made with napkins and squares of STYROFOAM. Brown dots are made from STYROFOAM discs and paper. Super-fast to make, and if you change your mind, just cover again. o

Red Polka Dot Wall Art

We then took the same red chair and made a warm and cozy respite, adding dash with lightning fast wall art. These two, 12” squares are covered in cloth napkins – yes, napkins. The dots on the wall are 6” discs of STYROFOAM Brand Foam covered in paper, with ribbons wrapped around the 1” edges.

You won’t even need to pound holes in the walls to hang this artwork. It’s so lightweight that poster putty or self-adhesive hanging strips will work. For more ideas to make your house your home, from big ideas to small details, download our three free, home decorating booklets – Great Décor in a Flash – Without a Lot of Cash.

Free home decorating booklets: Great Decor in a Flash -- Wihtout a Lot of Cash. Great ideas here -- super fast and super cheap, too. All made with STYROFOAM Brand Foam.

Now, a question for you. I changed up the type font on Crafts ‘n Coffee this week and I’m not sure I like it. What do you think? Did you notice? Is it easier to read? Should I change it again? I’d love to know what you think. Thanks!

Happy crafting.

This entry was posted in Great Decor in a Flash -- Without a Lot of Cash, Home Decor, Paper Crafts, Wall Art and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to DIY wall art for small space, big impact decorating

1. I am new to your site. I love the wall art ideas and the font is fine too.

2. roylcoblog says:

This idea is so simple but effective!

It is simple! And the designs can be whatever you choose, depending on your papers. It’s a lot of fun. Thanks for stopping in. Sharon

3. brenda says:

the font seems to be more substantial and easier for these vision compromised via thyroiditis eyes
    The ideas are neat and I really like the idea of not having to get out the hammer and worry about the possibility of multiple holes.

You’re welcome, Brenda. I know I can’t hang a picture with just one hole — it always seems to take several to get it right. Grrr! Thanks for stopping in. Sharon

4. Karen C says:

Well I am new here so do not know what the old font looked like. I thought this one was a bit squished together. But my eyes are tired tonight… BUT I really liked your red scrapbook paper art work, fun fun fun.

Welcome, Karen. So glad you’ve joined us. Thanks for the comment, too. The font seems to change according to the browser I use, so that’s a challenge. Happy crafting! Sharon

5. font is fine with me!

6. barbara macaskill says:

Love the new font and the wall art is coolio!

7. Sue says:

The font is okay with me. Easy for me to read. Thanks.

8. LisaM says:

The font is okay by me. Great ideas.