I don’t know about you, but I’m still waiting for my gardens to come to life, which make these Blooming Burlap & Buttons Topiaries all the sweeter. One look at these pretty topiaries and you know it’s spring. And because they’re quick to make, you’ll have plenty of time left for those spring garden chores . . . or time to simply soak in a little spring.
To Make a Blooming Burlap & Buttons Topiary, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 12” x 5” cone
- Burlap, 1/3 yd.
- Adhesives: Double-sided tape; glue dots; low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors
- Fringed button trim (Hobby Lobby)
- Assorted buttons to match trim
- Mini ric rac trim
- Pedestal stand, such as a candleholder
Also needed for the Blooming Topiary:
- Felt flowers (purchased, or cut your own from felt)
- 1/8” ribbon
To Make a Blooming Burlap & Buttons Topiary:
1. Wrap the cone with burlap, using double sided tape or a low-temp glue gun to secure the fabric. Following the photos, glue fabric to the bottom and top of the cone.
For the Buttons Topiary:
1. Tape or glue the button trim around the bottom of the cone. Secure ric rac to the top of the cone with a glue dot or low-temp glue; wrap the ric rac around the cone, and secure the other end.
2. Add a large button to the top of the cone. Glue assorted buttons onto the ric rac garland.
3. Glue the cone to a pedestal stand.
For the Blooming Topiary:
1. Wrap the ribbon around the cone, securing the ends at the top and bottom using low-temp glue or a glue dot.
2. Glue together several sizes felt flowers and add a pompom center. Add flowers to the ribbon garland, using low-temp glue or glue dots.
Patty Schaffer, who designed these topiaries, works in a garden center and is surrounded by pretty, blooming plants year round. I bet Patty has beautiful gardens at home, too.
I hope you find time this weekend to get outside and enjoy a little bit of springtime!