It’s Day #8 in the Easter Eggstravaganza, a week that’s had Easter eggs decorated in so many creative ways, from mosaics to tie-dye. I feel sort of like a mom for this brood, and I really can’t pick a favorite. They’ve all been fun, and today’s Glittered Peek-a-Boo Eggs are no exception. How can you not love these sweet, vintage style eggs with the old fashion images of chicks and bunnies?
To make Glittered, Peek-a-Boo Eggs, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3-1/2” x 4” eggs
- Vintage images*
- Small, paper flowers
- Mod Podge, matte finish
- Paper adhesive
- Ultra-fine glitter
- Seam binding tape or ribbon
- Cream cardstock, 8-1/2” x 11”
- Corsage pins
- Tools needed: Scissors; paintbrush; pencil; wood skewers; newspaper or shallow box lid
*There are many online sources for vintage images, and you might also find them in the paper aisle at your local craft store, or even on greeting cards. Rebekah used images from the Vintage Workshop.
To make Glittered, Peek-a-Boo Eggs:
1. If using images from online or on a CD, size them to fit the front of the egg and print out on cream cardstock; cut out in an oval or circular shape. If using purchased images that are already printed, cut out in an oval or circular shape.
2. Place image onto front of egg and trace around it with a sharp pencil.
3. Using pencil eraser and fingers, gently flatten and compress the front of the egg, creating a recessed area for the image.
4. Insert wood skewer into the foam egg to use as a handle.
5. Brush Mod Podge onto egg, except for the flat front. Working over newspaper or a shallow box lid, sprinkle with glitter and shake off excess. Let dry.
6. Glue image to the flat front. Glue ric-rac around the image; if needed, pin in place till glue dries. Or, frame the image with small paper flowers, pinning them on with corsage pins.
7. Layer together two pieces of seam binding or ribbon and tie into a bow. Fold in half a 6” length of seam binding or ribbon for a hanger. Pin bow and hanger to the top of the egg with a corsage pin.
8. Optional: Pin on additional flowers.
Tomorrow will wrap up this year’s Easter Eggstravanganza. Have you been following along? Do you have any favorite eggs? Remember, every day you leave a comment during the Easter Eggstravaganza is one more entry for the giveaway. Here’s what you might win:
- One dozen eggs of STYROFOAM Brand Foam
- The winter issue of Stitch Craft Create
- Two solid chocolate bunnies (milk and dark)
Happy Easter egg crafting!