Ooh la la! I don’t use that expression very often, but it seems to suit these gorgeous, vintage style Easter eggs from Rebekah Meier. You won’t believe how easy it is to make these DIY decoupage eggs with tissue paper and Mod Podge. Why not make a few extras for your Easter display, or maybe for the bunny to deliver to someone special. Rebekah shares two versions – a French Post inspired Decoupage Egg and an Ancient Text Decoupage Egg.
To make a French Post Egg and Ancient Text Egg, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3” egg
- Printed tissue paper:
- Tim Holtz® idea-logy® Tissue Wrap in the Composer pattern for the French Post Egg
- Vintage style tissue paper for the Ancient Text Egg
- Distress Ink in antique linen
- Charms: bee, key, or other
- Book pages (for the Ancient Text Egg)
- Embellishments: brass charms, vintage lace, string, ribbon
- Mod Podge, matte finish
- Thick, white craft glue
- Tools needed: Scissors; flat paintbrush; ruler; cosmetic sponge
To make French Post Eggs:
1. Using decoupage medium, cover egg with pieces of printed tissue paper; tissue paper can be torn or cut with scissors.
2. Apply antique linen ink sparingly to egg with cosmetic sponge.
3. Wrap egg with vintage lace, secure with craft glue.
4. Wrap egg with string, add a bee charm and secure with a bow.
Hint: To attach the charm, save the metal piece from the packaging, and re-use to attach the charm to the egg.
To make a Text Egg:
1. Cover egg with tissue paper, following Step 1 above.
2. Cut book pages into thin strips and apply to egg with decoupage medium. Let dry.
3. Wrap egg with vintage lace and add key charm. (See Hint above to attach the charm.)
4. Tie ribbon bow and glue to lace
Don’t forget, there’s a big giveaway at the end of the Easter Eggstravaganza! Yesterday, I promised to tell you why the prize package includes the winter issue of Stitch Craft Create. These beautiful, vintage decoupage eggs first appeared in the pages of Stitch Craft Create. The winner will also receive one dozen eggs of STYROFOAM Brand Foam and TWO chocolate bunnies – milk chocolate and dark chocolate.
To enter the Easter Eggstravaganza giveaway, leave a comment every day from March 2 – March 10, midnight. Each comment is one more entry in the giveaway. I’ll announce the winner on Tuesday, March 12.
Happy Easter egg crafting.