Surprise! I am kicking off the Easter Eggstravaganza a day early. I have so many fun ideas for decorating Easter eggs, and to squeeze them all in, I have to start today. Over the next week, I’ll share beautiful Easter eggs decorated with twine, paper, fabric, mosaic tiles, tissue paper and Mod Podge, napkins, crayons (yep, crayons!), and more. There will be an Eggstravaganza giveaway, too, which may or may not include chocolate bunnies, so read on.
Today, I’m sharing Twine Easter Eggs designed by Patty Schaffer. If they look familiar to you, it’s because I shared Patty’s Divine Twine Topiary yesterday. The Twine Eggs and Twine Topiary would be beautiful displayed together on your springtime mantel, or maybe as an Easter dinner centerpiece. Enjoy!
To make Twine Easter Eggs, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3-1/2” x 4-7/8” and 2-5/16” x 3-1/16” eggs
- Pearl head pins in pastel pink
- Beads: Hot pink and orange
- Felt: Purple, pastel pink, hot pink, orange, gold and magenta
- Double-stick tape OR thick, white craft glue OR low-temp glue gun
- Tools needed: Scissors; straight pins
To make Twine Easter Eggs:
1. Adhere double-stick tape to all sides of the eggs, covering almost completely. (If you plan to glue on the twine, you can skip this step.)
2. Pin the twine to one end of the egg and start wrapping. Wind the twine tightly together so that the egg doesn’t show through. Wind to the middle of the egg, and then stop and cut the twine. If you’re using glue instead of double-sided tape, glue and pin as you wrap the twine, and wait till the glue dries to remove the pins.
3. Repeat, starting at the other end and wrapping till you meet the twine in the middle.
4. Cut out assorted 1” felt flowers from all the colors of felt. Mix and match to make two- and three-layered flowers.
6. Thread pink and orange beads onto the pearl head pins and randomly pin the flowers on the egg. Pin flowers over the twine ends at the top and bottom of the egg.
For more of Patty’s pretty designs, like her sweet paper bunny bunting, and blooming button flowers, check out her esty shop P.S. it’s in the details.
And now for the Easter Eggstravanganza giveaway. I have a really fun prize package that includes one dozen eggs of STYROFOAM Brand Foam; the winter issue of Stitch Craft Create (you’ll know why I’m including this issue tomorrow); and TWO chocolate bunnies. (I couldn’t decide between milk chocolate and dark chocolate so I decided to include both.)
To win, just leave a comment every day during the Easter Eggstravaganza. The more days you comment, the more entries you’ll have. The Easter Eggstravaganza runs from March 2 – midnight on March 10. I’ll announce the winner on Tuesday, March 12. Ready, set, go!
Happy Easter egg crafting!