Hostess gifts, teacher gifts, holiday gifts for neighbors, “thank you” gifts for the bus driver, mail carrier, etc., etc. – the list goes on and on. For these occasions, a Christmas Candy Bouquet is a DIY gift idea that’s festive, fun, and inexpensive. You can make Christmas Candy Bouquets for under $5, depending on the candies you choose. If it’s a last-minute gift you need, you can whip up a Candy Bouquet in about 10 – 15 minutes.
A cube of STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam serves double duty as your base and your vase, so you’re already saving time! The PEEPS® Christmas Rainbow Pops served as my inspiration, and all I needed to add were a few candy canes and a floral pick. (Those cute PEEPS Christmas Rainbow Pops are included in this week’s PEEPS Party Pack giveaway, so be sure to enter.)
To make a Christmas Candy Bouquet, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: Cubes (I used 3” and 4” cubes)
- Scrapbook paper
- Ribbon, bow, or other trims
- Christmas floral pick
- Paper or metallic shred
- Christmas candy (I used PEEPS Rainbow Pops and candy canes)
- Tools needed: Scissors; ruler; pencil; cutting mat and rotary cutter (optional); straight pins; chopstick
To make a Christmas Candy Bouquet:
1. Measure and cut a strip of paper to fit around the four sides of the cube. You will probably need two strips to cover your cube. Fold your paper strip where it will wrap around the corners. Pin and glue the paper strips around the cube.
2. Insert a Christmas floral pick into the top of the cube. Insert your candy into the top of the cube. If you’re using candy canes, make your holes first with a chopstick, so that the candy canes don’t break when inserting them.
3. Cover the top of the cube with shredded paper, tucking it around the candy and the floral pick.
4. Trim your cube with ribbon. I trimmed the 3″ cube with a 3/8” red ribbon around the top and bottom. I wrapped the 4″ cube with a 1-1/2″ wide wired ribbon, topped off with a peppermint stripe package bow.
And you’re done. I think these turned out pretty cute, don’t you?
I’m really excited about our PEEPS Party Pack Giveaway this week. Be sure you don’t miss out!
Do you have any suggestions for quick, easy and inexpensive holiday “thank you” gifts?
Happy Christmas crafting.
Note: Just Born provided the PEEPS Rainbow Pops for the Christmas Candy Bouquets.