I’m wrapping up this week’s candy crafts with a Halloween riff on my Marshmallow Peeps Easter Topiary Trees. And why not – the Halloween Marshmallow Peeps Topiaries are just as cute, and they’re a super easy idea for Halloween decorating. Really, you can have a pair of these displayed on your Halloween mantel in less than an hour. In fact, I debated about whether I needed to include instructions to make these, they’re that easy.
To make a Halloween Marshmallow Peeps Topiary, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam™: 12” x 4” and 9” x 4” cones
- Marshmallow Peeps:
- The 12” x 4” cone uses about 18 ghosts & 18 pumpkins
- The 9” x 4” cone uses about 18 ghosts
- Black & orange peanut butter taffy, or other Halloween candies
- Low temp glue gun
To make a Halloween Marshmallow Peeps Topiary:
1. Work out your design on a tabletop, so you know how you would like to arrange the rows of candy before you start gluing.
2. Glue the candy in rows around the cone, starting at the bottom. Continue working up and around the cone till it’s covered. Add a ghost and/or pumpkin to the top. That’s it!
Now, how easy is that?
To make this week even sweeter, I am giving away a book I love, Glitterville’s Handmade Halloween: A Glittered Guide for Whimsical Crafting! You might recognize the author, Stephen Brown, who was a judge on the TV series Craft Wars. He’s also the designer behind the giftware line Glitterville. His new, 200+ page book shows you how to create your own sweet & sparkling Halloween crafts and decorations from basic materials, like paper clay, glitter (of course), chenille stems and STYROFOAM Brand Foam.
Here’s how you can win a copy of the book – tell me which Halloween candy is your favorite. Candy corn? Snickers? Marshmallow Peeps? Leave your answer below by Tuesday, October 30, and I’ll announce the winner on Halloween.
**PLEASE NOTE: THIS GIVEAWAY IS CLOSED!**