Easter Eggstravaganza Week: Make stamped Spa Eggs with Crayola Model Magic

Ahhh . . . don’t these eggs make you feel more relaxed? It might be Easter Eggstravaganza Week around here, but really, I think these Spa Eggs can be displayed any time of the year. There are so many ways you could use these eggs: stamp them with names for party favors or placecards; or use different motifs like flowers, hearts, butterflies or wedding bells.  The eggs use Crayola Model Magic, so get the kids in on the fun, too. I’m sharing two more Easter egg craft ideas today, so let’s get going!

Easter egg crafts with clay

Crayola Model Magic is a favorite of kids, and they can try this craft, too. Eggs designed by Diane Flowers.

To make the Soothing Spa Eggs, you’ll need:

• STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 3” eggs
  • Acrylic craft paints: warm white; pale purple; pale green; pale blue; or your choice of colors
  • Faux glazing medium
  • Acrylic sealer (optional)
  • Air-dry clay, such as Crayola Model Magic: 16-oz. package in white (16 oz. will cover four, 3” eggs)
  • Alphabet stamps, or other stamps in your choice of design
  • Tools needed: Medium flat paintbrush; disposable palette; small plastic bowl and spoon; water basin; paper towels; clay roller or rolling pin (optional)

To make the Soothing Spa Eggs:

Easter crafts with Crayola Model Magic 1. Press one side of each foam egg against work surface to flatten slightly. This will be the bottom of the egg.

2. Roll out clay using a clay roller or other tool, such as a rolling pin. Wrap thin layer of clay around the foam egg.

Crayola Model Magic Easter Eggs3. Gently press foam stamps into clay-covered eggs. Let dry overnight.

4. Paint eggs green, purple, and blue; let dry.

5. Mix equal parts warm white paint and glazing medium in small bowl; use crumpled paper towel to rub glaze mixture lightly over stamped eggs. Let dry.

6. If desired, apply acrylic sealer to painted surfaces.

Designer Lorine Mason also used air-dry clay to make her Pearlized Floral Eggs. How pretty are these? Instructions are on StyrofoamCrafts.com, of course.

Crayola Model Magic Easter eggs

Pearlized Floral Easter Eggs by Lorine Mason.

And here’s just one more idea for Easter or year-round – our Tile Mosaic Eggs. Click on the photo for the tutorial on StyrofoamCrafts.com.

DIY mosaic eggs

Glass Tile Mosaic Eggs by Kathleen George.

I’m curious – how would you decorate and use your Spa Eggs? Tell me for your chance to win our Most Eggsellent Prize Package.

This entry was posted in Craft Tutorial, Easter Crafts, Garden Art, Home Decor, Kid's Crafts, Mosaics, Spring Crafts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Easter Eggstravaganza Week: Make stamped Spa Eggs with Crayola Model Magic

1. Peach Lee says:

I would top the Spa Eggs with a variety of seasonal embellishments & chipboard designs. The floral topper is gorgeous for Mother’s Day or floral themed areas. Birds for Spring would be lovely; Easter could feature a cute PomPom chick or bunny. A little dolly sitting on the egg would be darling such as a Spoolie, Domino, or papercraft doll. Cats, Dogs, Elves, and more caricatures can be made quick & easy with chenille bumps & stems.
    xOx
    Peach

2. Peach Lee says:

I like the idea of trying to add scent to the Spa Eggs. Perhaps after the air-dry clay cures! x0x Peach

3. Sar Tann says:

I love the pearlized eggs. They would look so pretty in a basket with a pretty handkerchief underneath them. Oh and a little excelsior too. :)

4. Melle Eldridge says:

Ooh! What a lovely way to spring up the bathroom! I love that they aren’t so easter-y so they can be left out al season and really enjoyed!

I would make a pretty Easter basket filled with these spa eggs and use it as a centerpiece.

6. Jennifer H says:

I think I would have to try to make the floral eggs!

7. Mary Lou says:

I would experiment with adding scent to the model magic, like lavender and sage etc. or perhaps roll half the egg in crushed lavender or other soothing herb while the model magic is still wet. I would them put the eggs in a wire or mesh basket in my powder room so it could be a calming oasis

Good idea! If you try this, let me know. I’d love to know if you can scent the clay with the dried herbs. Thanks, Mary Lou. Happy crafting! Sharon

8. Geri Johnson says:

These belong in the spa like dream bathroom I have in my head because the texture and colors remind me of bath bombs. I like the ones in the picture but would add one in a soft aqua color and the word “ahhhhhhh!” and a soft pink one with “mmmmmm” and a soft yellow one with “ohhhh yeahhhh” cuz that’s what I say when I get to soak & relax in a nice big tub with bubbles up to here! These would look pretty in either a basket or in an apothecary jar on top of some shredded paper.

9. Birgit says:

I like the “simple” spa eggs, so I would head into the same direction. A meaningful word and color suiting the place I intend to put the egg. Great idea! :)

10. I love the purple colored one! I would make one just like it!

11. ambjer s. says:

i think these would be cute with words like “dream”, “hope”, “believe”, “imagine”, “wish”. i think i would put them on a tray with candle, or maybe on a shelf with a few favorite photos

12. Lisa M says:

Those are great eggs. I really like air dry white flowers. Wonderful eggs. :)