It’s the week before Halloween and if you’re not yet in the “spirit”, never fear – I have several, super-easy Halloween crafts planned for this week. To make today’s Candy Corn Cones, you’ll need scrapbook papers, glue, buttons, foam cones, and less than an hour in time. That’s all it takes to have a new, fall mantle display or Halloween centerpiece. If you’d like to turn this Candy Corn Cone into a topiary, I show you how on Under the Table & Dreaming. (For more candy corn fun, check out the super-fast Flat Stanley Candy Corn, and the candy corn craft round up.)
O.K., enough chatting, let’s get busy!
To make a Candy Corn Cone, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 9” x 4” cone
- Scrapbook papers, one each white, orange and brown (for traditional candy corn, substitute yellow paper for the brown)
- Scrap paper (for pattern)
- Buttons, two – three each of white, orange and brown
- Low temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Tools needed: Ruler, scissors
To make a Candy Corn Cone:
1. Make your cone pattern. Place foam cone on the edge of your scrap sheet of paper. Roll the cone across the paper while tracing the bottom curve with a pencil. Roll cone back to the edge, tracing the curve at the top of the cone.
2. To make the bottom layer, measure 2-1/2” up from the bottom curve; this will be your pattern for the brown scrapbook paper. To make the top section, measure down 2-1/2” from the top curve; this will be your pattern for the white scrapbook paper. The middle, 4” layer will be for the orange scrapbook paper.
3. Using patterns, cut layers of the candy corn from scrapbook papers.
4. Wrap each layer around the foam cone and glue in back.
5. Glue assorted buttons to the top of the cone.