It’s creepy, it’s crawly, a little kitschy, and a lot of fun! This kid-approved Halloween wreath rated a “that’s so cool, mom” from my 12-year old. My rating? It’s a mom-approved, super-cheap and super-easy Halloween craft. Around this time of year, I always check out the local Dollar Store to see what’s new for our Halloween décor. This year, the colorful bags of bugs, right next to the Creepy Cloth, caught my eye. Less than an hour later, our Creepy Crawlie Halloween Wreath emerged.
You’ll definitely want to have the kids work on this one with you. Please be sure they’re using a thick, white craft glue and not a glue gun, however.
To make a Creepy, Crawly Halloween Wreath, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 12” wreath
- Creepy Cloth, 1 package (what a perfect name)
- Plastic critters, 2-3 packages, depending on the colors & assortment you prefer
- Wiggle eyes, 1 package
- Ribbon, 8”
- Low temperature glue gun & glue sticks OR thick, white craft glue
To make a Creepy, Crawly Halloween Wreath:
1. Wrap wreath in Creepy Cloth, allowing portions to droop and drape.