Confess – do you, or someone you know, have an overflowing T-shirt drawer? You know, those favorite T’s that you never wear but can’t stand to part with? Well, in about 20 minutes, you can get them out of your drawer and display them on your wall. Create a T-shirt gallery of favorite vacations, concerts, sports teams, or what have you. T-Shirt Wall Art – it will fit you to a “T”.
To make the T-Shirt Wall Art you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: One, 12″ x 36″ x 1″ sheet OR three 12″ x 12″ x 1″ squares
- Disc: 12″ x 1″
- Four junior T-shirts, size large (this is the smallest size that easily fits the foam sheet; larger sizes will work great)
- Thick, white craft glue OR low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Tools: Straight pins; scissors; sawtooth picture hangers OR poster putty
- Optional: If using 12″ x 36″ x 1″ sheets, additional supplies include ruler; pencil; serrated knife & old candle OR dental floss
To Make the T-Shirt Wall Art:
1. If using 12” x 12” x 1” foam squares, skip to Step #2. If using a 12” x 36” x 1” sheet, measure and mark three, 12” x 12” squares, scoring cutting line with sharp pencil. Wax serrated knife with soap and cut along the scored lines. Or, use dental floss: stand the sheet on its edge, and hold a 24″ length of dental floss along the scored line, positioning one hand at the bottom of the board and the other at the top; draw the dental floss down through the foam sheet along the scored line.
2. Insert 12″ x 12″ foam square into t-shirt. Carefully position foam square so that t-shirt design is centered and seams are not in front. Test “fit” of t-shirt: stretch t-shirt fabric over edges, being sure that sleeves and neckline can be stretched over the sides to the back.
3. Carefully trim away back side of t-shirt and excess fabric, leaving several inches all around to cover edges.
4. Wrap foam square in t-shirt fabric, neatly folding fabric at the corners. Pin and glue fabric to reverse side.
5. Following Steps 2 & 3 above, cover foam disc with t-shirt.
6. Glue sawtooth picture hanger to back. For additional hold, insert and glue two straight pins through holes in sawtooth picture hanger. Or, attach foam squares to wall with poster putty.
7. Let dry before hanging.
And that’s it! If you’d like more DIY décor ideas, visit http://www.styrofoamcrafts.com and download our free Great Décor in a Flash booklets. The photo below will take you there.
Did you notice our new look for fall? How do you like it? If you’d like instructions for our Falling Leaves Wall Art, click on the photo below.
What do you think – do you like our new fall banner?