This year, if your back-to-school resolution is to stay on top of the paperwork, activities, practices, and other commitments, you’ll want to check out our ideas for back-to-school organizers. Over the next few weeks, we’ll share crafty school organizers that will make going back to school a little more fun, a lot more colorful, and we hope a little more orderly.
Here’s what you need to make a Mod Memo Cube:
- STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 8” cube
- Cork sheet, 3/32″ x 18″ x 24″
- Aluminum foil tape, 3/4″ wide (available at hardware stores)
- Your choice of acrylic craft paints, paint pens, markers, fabrics, scrapbook papers, stamps & ink pad, paper punches, stickers, rub-ons, scrapbook embellishments
- Flat-head push pins
- Tools: pencil; scissors; craft knife with sharp blade; low-temp glue gun and glue sticks; thick, white craft glue; ruler; toothpicks; craft sticks; paintbrushes
To make a Mod Memo Cube:
1. Cut six 8″ squares from cork sheet. Spread white craft glue on one side of cube; adhere cork square. Place cube cork side down while glue dries; weight with a book to ensure a tight bond. Repeat till cube is covered.
2. Decorate each side as desired. Add fabric, paper, paint and other embellishments.
3. Cut twelve 8″ lengths of foil tape. Fold each strip in half lengthwise, adhesive side out, to crease. Remove backing and press to one side of cube, aligning crease with vertical cube edge; smooth tape over corner to second side. Repeat for each vertical cube edge, then each horizontal cube edge.
4. Decorate ends of push pins to coordinate. (Karen even used a penny to decorate one of the push pins!)
We’ll have more crafty, back-to-school ideas next week. (And of course, tomorrow is one of our last Summer Craft Boredom Busters.)