A spring welcome wreath

Spring Grass Wreath by Patty Schaffer

Patty Schaffer's "Welcome Spring" wreath.

Welcome!  We hope you’ll pour yourself a cup, sit back, and get ready to chat about crafts.  Every week, we’re going to bring you new ideas for crafting with STYROFOAM Brand Foam, and we’ll also talk with some of the designers behind the projects, share tips, answer questions, and of course, have fun contests and giveaways.  We’d love to hear from you, so please leave a comment and let us know what you’d like to hear from us.

It might be springtime, but where I live, we’re still wearing shoes and socks – and sometimes coats, hats and mittens, too.  Instead of bare feet, I’m enjoying this Spring Grass Wreath designed by Patty Schaffer.  Can’t you almost feel the grass between your toes?  Patty has a sweet, whimsical style, and an irresistible Etsy store, too.  It will take you less than an hour to make Patty’s wreath, and here’s what you’ll need:

Welcome Spring Wreath

"Bare Feet Welcome"

STYROFOAM Brand Foam: 10″ wreath

One skein Lion Brand Yarn Fun Fur in lime green (*please note that it may take as many as 2 – 3 skeins)

Daisy trim (Patty used Daisy Chain from Wrights)

Pink pearl head pins, 1-1/2”

Low temperature glue gun (optional)

To start, tie one end of the yarn around the wreath; if you like, you can also add a dab of low temp glue to help hold it in place.  Wrap the yarn around the wreath till it’s covered.  Tie off the other end, and add a dab of glue (optional).  Cut apart the daisy trim and pin on the individual daisies using the pearl head pins.  If you like, you can add a little sign like Patty did – “welcome spring” or “no mowing required” would be cute, too.
We’d love to see your spring wreaths – you can share them on our Facebook page.  If you “Like” us, you can then post your wreaths, or other craft photos, on our wall.
Crafting with Peeps

Just a peek, and not a peep more!

I know we’re going to work on Easter crafts this weekend, and I’ll show you the results on Monday.  Here’s just a peep, I mean peek, at what we’re going to do . . .

Do you have crafty weekend plans?

Talk with you Monday!

This entry was posted in Spring Crafts, Wreaths and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to A spring welcome wreath

1. amy says:

So pretty!! I love it, thanks for sharing

2. Holly says:

I LOVE this wreath! I pinned it (from a different source on Pinterest) about 8 weeks ago. When I saw it I wrote “you will see this wreath on my front door this Spring” and it’s up! I had to go a different route with my flowers, but very similar, as I stuck with the pink. LOVE it! Thanks to Patty for sharing her creation too!!

3. I found this wreath floating around on pinterest and I knew I had to make one. Yesterday I made mine- for only about $15 and an hour of my time! It turned out SO perfectly that I plan on making a second one for my grandmother as soon as I’m in town to buy supplies.

I did a mild variation of it by using silk flowers (white and pink) instead of the daisy trim, and I liked the result!

Thanks for a great tutorial.

4. Bobbie monroe says:

I did make this wreath and loved it! Thank you! I would recommend two packages of yarn instead one just one though.

Thank you for the feedback, Bobbie. I imagine it can vary depending on the type and brand of yarn. I’d love to see your wreath, and invite you to post a photo of it on our Facebook page @StyroCrafts.

• Bobbie monroe says:

I used the Lyon fun fur. I now have made this wreath in 8, 10, 12, and 14 inch and am giving them away as gifts! Thanks again!

Wow, that’s awesome! It sounds like you’re ready for spring, Bobbie, and you have a lucky list of recipients. Thank your for providing the details for the yarn you used, I can now alter the text to include that info. And do post them on our Facebook page — I’d love to see your work! Thanks, again. Sharon

5. Wow! It looks just like fresh spring lawn. Great project!

6. Clare Groninga says:

Absolutely adorable! When I saw this, it just made my heart sing “SPRING”!

7. Norma Chapman says:

The fuzzy grass on the Bare Foot welcome wreath makes me want to run out to our “almost” spring lawn and walk on it. Second best is to go dig out my yarns and make one with a STYROFOAM wreath !! Then I can brush my hand on the fuzzies and think SPRING !! AND I really do need to update the wreath on my front door !
    Thanks Patty for the fun design and Sharon for the suggestion !

8. Jane Currier says:

Loved the wreath and so simple todo. Look forward to a new craft each Monday. Great idea, great blog. Jane

9. Congrats on the blog! Looks great! The wreath just so fresh and pretty!

10. Sharon says:

Thank you, Patty! You know I love your designs.

11. Hi Sharon! Thank you so much for featuring my wreath on your very first blog post – I am honored! It really is a very simple and fun wreath to make. :-)