I know I always say “you can just change this up for your décor”, and I believe it’s true. Just like new paint or countertops (whoever thought mauve was a good idea?) can change the whole look of a room, changing the papers or colors of a project can make it totally yours. Today’s Vintage Paper Deco Cubes are similar to the Vintage Map Cubes but different papers and a little washi tape totally changes them up. Plus, thanks to these gorgeous papers, they are beautifully detailed, but super simple to make. (And if you want to know if you won the Crafts & Coffee giveaway, read on.)
Here’s the side-by-side comparison. Do you have a favorite?
To make Vintage Papers Deco Cubes, you’ll need:
- STYROFOAM™ Brand Foam: 5” cubes
- Vintage cardstock (Kathleen used DCWV Timeless Type Stack, which I just saw in the sale aisle at Michaels.)
- Washi tape
- Paper paste (Kathleen recommends Yes! Paste)
- Tools needed: Scissors; ruler; 1” putty knife; optional: rubber brayer or roller
To make Vintage Papers Deco Cubes:
1. Cut out six, 5” squares from the cardstock for each cube.
2. Spread a thin, even layer of paper paste onto one side of a 5” cube of STYROFOAM Brand Foam. Spread another very thin layer of Yes! Paste onto the back of a 5” square of cardstock.
3. Center the cardstock on the foam cube, and smooth down in place from the center out. Optional: Gently roll the paper flat with a rubber brayer.
4. Repeat, till all sides are covered.
5. Cover each edge with washi tape.
Who knew they were so easy, right?
Thanks to everyone who shared the projects they’re working on right now. I love to hear about what’s on your craft table! The winner of the Crafts & Coffee package is Donna Baker. Congratulations! Please contact me, Donna, to arrange for the shipping.
I have two beautiful projects lined up for Thursday and Friday this week, so I’ll see you then.